Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Am I Ordinary?

I have never consider myself to be normal, or an average person. From the way that I think, to what I look like, from the day I was born. I don't know what its like in the minds of other people, but I have always thought that my mind must work differently, seeing how others make choices and prioritize there life, the different personalities, cultures, and morals. I must be very diffident from everyone else.  I sometimes don't understand how some people come to the conclusions that they do, or how they like certain things.

I was born different and have always been different,  but in the end everyone is unique and different,  and as the saying goes 'no two minds think alike.' I love and hate that statement,  because its wonderful that everyone is different and odd in there own way, yet I sometimes wish every person could think the same as me, to understand one another completely, to feel the same.

I think about a lot of things. I have many questions on why, how, and what. Some of these questions will go unanswered, but other I will some day know the answer to. I envision my future, all the time the many paths I can choose to walk down, where I end up is a mystery, but I have hope that it will turn out as I want. My dreams could be the same as yours or completely contrary.

In the end everyone is perfect, and no one is ordinary, because everyone has a least one quark. I have hundreds myself, and without them I would not be me.

--Emma




"If there's any message to my work, it is ultimately that it's OK to be different, that it's good to be different, that we should question ourselves before we pass judgment on someone who looks different, behaves different, talks different, is a different color." - Johnny Depp

2 comments:

  1. I believe that even just posting it like this makes you very common.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting. I would love for you to elaborate.

      Delete