Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Education Plans and Ideas!

So this fall I am starting at a community collage taking the typical freshman courses. As I have posted before, I want to be a Waldorf teacher, and from what I have researched it is recommended to not major in education, but instead something else, I need to get my BA or BS, and then I will go to a Rudolf Steiner college and get my Waldorf education certification/degree. So my options of majors, its are rather open. I can't decide I have so many ideas; from art, anthropology, humanities, illustration, literature, woman studies, folklore, fashion design, child psychology, or maybe French. Not that I need to decide just yet, but I do want to study something I like, and that can compliment me as a Waldorf teacher. If I was not so I love with Waldorf schooling, and so interested in being a teacher for their schools, I would probably have gone with children's book illustrator/author, florist, or fashion designer.

My plans are to study at this community college until I reach the requirements to transfer to a university.  I would love to go to one of the BYU schools, or a university in Oregon, or northern California. I really want to be apart of the Kappa Delta sorority. I have read a lot about it, and I consider it to be the best sorority out there. What they do and stand for is beautiful and astounding. I support all of their philanthropies, and hope to one day be a Kappa Delta sister.

So basically my plan is community college, transfer to a university, graduate, get Waldorf teaching certification, and become a Waldorf grades teacher. Any advise would be appreciated, my lovely readers.

School had never been my favorite thing, but it is necessary, so I can follow my dreams, and achieve a goal I set for myself. Its not impossible to do, but it will take a lot of hard work, and I am ready to do this. I need to do this to for myself, and to prove to others I am not a quitter. I have been in a slump for the past five or more years, and I am finally ready to live!

--Emma

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."  -Winston Churchill 

No comments:

Post a Comment