Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Sewing Ideas.

I love to sew, I find it relaxing, and it gives me the feeling of being creative, and accomplished. I wish I did it more often, but with cats in the house, and siblings always around its hard for me to just leave my projects out, like I love to do. It also takes up a lot of room, and is rather messy with all of the string, buttons, and scraps of fabric flying around; but I am motivated to sew, and all I have to do is clean up the new sewing area in the basement, and find the peddle to my sewing machine. I really love to sew toys, like dolls, and stuffed animals, but pillow cases and clothing are also fun.

A few years ago I did some drops for the toy society, and now I am planning out some more sewing projects to start doing more drops. Creating new toys is great, and what better to do with them, than give them away to a new home, in a interesting and uplifting way. For those of you who don't know what the toy society is, I will explain:  It is toy-makers who make homemade toys, and leave them for a perfect stranger to find. Like a random act of kindness, toy crafters around the world, sew, carve, knit, and crochet toys, all so they can leave them in places like libraries, parks, malls, and other public places, in hopes that they are taken to a new loving home. I've been sketching out some ideas for some cute new dolls.

I also have some sewing patterns for a dress, I still have no idea what kinda print I want for the fabric, but I was thinking something floral. I've had the pattern for over a year and have never sat down and started on it, but this summer I hoping to do more sewing, start up knitting again, and I really want to start gardening. Its April, but it snowed yesterday so I don't know if I'm starting the garden thing just yet, but as soon as I find my sewing peddle...where ever it is, I already have many project in mind. I could use my moms sewing machine, but its older then me.

--Emma

 


Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition." - Steve Jobs

No comments:

Post a Comment